Accidents are waiting to happen…Annually more than 1.5 million accidents happen in and around the home. As a parent or carer you are often the first one to deal with an accident. That’s why we organise a First Aid for babies and young children course every month.
It’s easier to deal with a situation when you know what you can and absolutely cannot do. That’s why we offer a First Aid for children evening course for parents and carers of babies and young children. This course is given in Dutch.
A PowerPoint presentation will discuss various life-threatening situations, illnesses and minor injuries. A qualified Orange Cross First Aid Instructor leads the course using the latest guidelines.
Topics covered during the evening:
- Loss of consciousness, such as a concussion
- Problems breathing (choking)
- External injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Sprains and dislocations
- Eye injuries
- Hypothermia and heat stroke
- Minor injuries
- The evening course lasts three hours, 7:00-10:00pm, at our practice’s location on the Kamillelaan in Amstelveen.
- The cost is €15 per person
- You can register with the assistant at the practice or per email
You can find the schedule for our First Aid evenings in the Calendar.