Whooping cough is a very serious disease for newborn babies. By having yourself vaccinated during pregnancy, your baby is protected against whooping cough right from birth. The 22-week vaccin is, from December 16, part of the national vaccination program and it is available for free.
When and where?
You can get the vaccination from the 22nd week until the end of the pregnancy, from December 16. The sooner the better. By vaccinating early, there is enough time to transfer antibodies to your baby.
The injection is given at the youth health centre/GGD (‘consultatiebureau’). In our region, there are walk-in hours. You can visit the following locations in the coming period (without an appointment):
- Youth health centre Kamillelaan 1, Amstelveen Westwijk: every Monday 2:00-2:30 pm and Thursday 5:00-6:00 pm. Extra: Mondays December 23, December 30 and January 6th, 2:00-5:00 pm
- Youth health centre Bourgondische laan 43, Amstelveen Randwijck: Tuesday 4:00-5:00 pm and Friday 8:00-9:00 am
- Youth health centre A.J. Ernststraat 112, Amsterdam Buitenveldert: Monday 2:00-3:00 pm
- Youth health centre Drie Kolommenplein 1, Aalsmeer: Thursday 8:30-9:00 am and Friday 1:00-2:30 pm
- Youth health centre Koningin Maximalaan 30, Uithoorn: from January 7th Tuesday 4:00-5:00 am. Extra: Tuesday December 17th 4-5 pm and Thursday December 19th 15:30-18:30
- GGD Nieuwe Achtergracht 100, Amsterdam Citycentre: from 4:00 to 7:00 pm on Monday December 16, Wednesday December 18, Monday December 23, Monday December 30 and Monday January 6
Take a valid ID to the youth health centre/GGD.
You will find more information about whooping cough and vaccination on the website www.22wekenprik.nl
There you will also find the package leaflet of the vaccine. Do you have any questions after visiting this website? Then you can discuss them with the doctor or nurse at the youth health centre.